Over $200k Awarded From Crowdrise Holiday Challenge
By Craig Newmark: contributing writer and founder of Craigslist.
Hey, I’ve teamed up with CrowdRise and the Huffington Post to host a Holiday Challenge over on CrowdRise to help nonprofits raise a lot of money this season.
As they say – here’s how it’s going down.
- The Holiday Challenge begins November 18th at 12pm EST and runs through January 9th at 11:59:59am EST (folks, these last seconds could be important, as last time we had a photo finish).
- There are 3 grand prizes –
- 1st place wins $100,000
- 2nd place wins $40,000
- 3rd place wins $20,000
- Another $40,000 will be given away in cash and prizes through Bonus Challenges weekly.
- The Huffington Post’s also giving away lots of other prizes designed to get some great exposure for your cause (like RTs from HuffPo and #FollowFridays from Ariana Huffington, etc.).
- This is a win-win for all orgs that participate – Even if you don’t win a grand prize, you get to keep all the money that your Team raises.
There are more than 400 teams signed up so far, and each one has a chance at winning some money for their cause. You can click here to sign up and create your fundraising page. It takes less than 21 seconds to set up your page. And, they’ve created a Challenge Toolkit that gives you a Calendar of all of the challenges, plus tips and strategies to raise more money, template emails to send out to your supporters, and lots of really good ideas.
This will really help your charity, and I’m ready to help good orgs who really have their boots on the ground. Are you ready to begin your year-end fundraising with me?
Many thanks to Craig Newmark: contributing writer and founder of Craigslist.