Court Appointed Special Advocates of Sonoma County
Geographic areas served: Sonoma County, CA, USA
The purpose of the CASA program is to humanize the complex child welfare system for the child victim by providing a trained volunteer who will act as a consistent role model, advocate, and potential life connection.
1. To serve 180-200 abused and neglected children annually.
2. To provide supervision and support to the 160-180 active CASA volunteers.
3. To assist these volunteers in submitting 300-380 court reports documenting their
child’s life and needs.
4. To work in collaboration with the children welfare system, the courts and the child to assure that the child’s need are met and heard.
5. To remind the community that abused and neglected children need our help.