Which Charity to Donate to
With over 1.3 million charitable organizations in the United States, finding a charity to donate to can be challenging. Choosing where to donate and how to donate is important; you want your charitable gift to make an impact. GreatNonprofits reviews help you identify the organizations in your community that are making a difference on the issues you care about.
What to donate? How much to donate?
There are a number of ways to make charitable contributions. The National Center for Charitable Statistics estimates that individual donors gave more than $211 billion to charities in 2010. You may want to give money to a charity, but car donations, clothing donations, furniture donations, and other in-kind charitable gifts are also important to charities. A donation of any amount helps reduce the amount of time the organization spends fundraising and increases the amount of time they can spend on their mission.
- Search for a charity in your geographic area or browse top charities by issue.
- Read donor reviews, written by others who have made a donation to learn more about the donor experience with that charity.
- Read reviews written by clients, volunteers, and other stakeholders to learn what others think about the organization and what kinds of programs and services the organization provides.
- Read the information the organization has entered on its nonprofit profile to learn more about the charities services, fundraising goals, and more.
- Find the organization's website and contact information on the nonprofit profile and get in touch to ask questions.